BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Verizon Wireless today announced the immediate availability of the HP Mini 210-1076NR netbook. Sporting a Black Crystal color, the HP Mini 210 is an affordable computer that provides Verizon Wireless customers with built-in 3G Mobile Broadband connectivity in a slim and lightweight design.
With up to 8.75 hours of battery life, the stylish HP Mini 210 provides fun and functionality for customers – from business travelers to students – who want to surf the Web, check e-mail, listen to music and access information while on the go. Customers can also use the HP Mini 210 to browse the Web or access e-mail in more than 200 destinations worldwide when coupled with a Verizon Wireless GlobalAccess service plan.
Key features and specifications:
- Operating system: Genuine Windows® 7 Starter
- 10.1”-diagonal LED BrightView Infinity widescreen display
- Offers an enhanced multimedia experience and makes it easier to access offline content and update files on the go with:
- HP CloudDrive allows users to access their synchronized content from multiple computers – documents, photos and music – from the cloud without having to store it on a local drive.
- HP QuickSync software automatically synchronizes files created or edited on the road with a home or business PC over a wireless connection when connected to the same network.
- Processor: Intel® Atom™ Processor N450
- Processor speed: 1.66 GHz
- System memory: 1 GB RAM
- Storage hard drive: 250 GB
- Stereo speakers
- HP Webcam with integrated digital microphone
- Integrated 5-in-1 digital media reader
- External VGA (15-pin) port
- Radio/frequency bands: CDMA/1X/EV-DO Revision A: 800/1900 MHz; UMTS/HSPA:
- 850/1900/2100 MHz; GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- Built-in Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g)
- Bluetooth® capable
- Weight: 2.99 lbs.
- Dimensions: 10.55″(l) x 6.9″ (d) x 0.90″-1.57″ (h)
Pricing and availability:
- The HP Mini 210-1076NR is available now for $149.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement on a Mobile Broadband plan. It is available online at www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
Mobile Broadband pricing:
- Customers can select from various price plans to connect to Verizon Wireless’ Mobile Broadband network, which also gives them access to thousands of Wi-Fi hotspots at no additional charge and allows them to move easily from the nation’s most reliable 3G wireless network to those hotspots:
- $39.99 monthly access for 250 MB monthly allowance and $0.10/MB overage
- $59.99 monthly access for 5 GB monthly allowance and $0.05/MB overage
- Prepaid Mobile Broadband plans are also available:
- $15 for 75 MB (one day of use)
- $30 for 250 MB (one week of use)
- $50 for 500 MB (one month of use)
Customers traveling abroad can sign up for one of the following GlobalAccess plans:
- GlobalAccess Monthly Plan, which starts at $129.99 for monthly access (5 GB allowance for the United States and Canada, $0.05/MB overage) with 100 MB allowance in select destinations ($0.005/KB after allowance). Customers who require higher usage when traveling abroad can take advantage of the $219.99 monthly access plan that offers 200 MB allowance with the same rates for overage as the $129.99 plan.
- GlobalAccess Pay Per Use for occasional use must be purchased with a $59.99 Mobile Broadband service plan in the United States. The Pay Per Use rate is $0.002/KB in Canada, $0.005/KB in Mexico, and $0.02/KB in more than 200 other destinations.
For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving nearly 93 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 81,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.