BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Look forward to school this year with Verizon Wireless’ back to school deals. Stay connected while home, commuting and on campus with the nation’s most reliable network. Students and families can find a phone for everyone’s lifestyle or study habits.
Back to School Deals
- Students on a budget can look at Verizon Wireless’ “Great Deals under $20.” Customers can select from QWERTY phones such as the LG Cosmos™ or Samsung Reality™. Students who want to stay connected and up to date with their homework can select the HP Mini 210-1076NR netbook with Mobile Broadband.
- Shop for the family with Verizon Wireless’ “Buy One Get Any Device Free” promotion. Students who want to stay organized, surf the Web and have access to e-mail can select a BlackBerry® Curve™ 8530, BlackBerry® Storm2™ or the global-ready BlackBerry® Bold™ 9650 for studying abroad and get another device of equal or lesser value free after rebate. Each smartphone requires a voice plan with a data package of $29.99 or higher.
- Harness the power of Android™ with the new DROID X by Motorola. Type faster and in a more intuitive way with one continuous finger motion across the virtual keyboard with Swype technology. Students can host a study group and connect up to five Wi-Fi®-enabled devices with 3G Mobile HotSpot capabilities.
- Students have a variety of Android smartphones to select from such as DROID Incredible by HTC, LG Ally™, Motorola DEVOUR™ and DROID by Motorola.
Apps and Tips
- Make unlimited Skype-to-Skype calls or chats to friends and family across the hall or abroad with Skype mobile™. Skype mobile is currently available on more than a dozen BlackBerry and Android smartphones with additional handsets, including several 3G Multimedia phones, coming later this summer.
- V CAST Video keeps college football aficionados up to date with highlights, news and live games this fall. For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com/vcast.
- Social Beat offers a single point for accessing social networking sites, allowing customers to stay connected to Facebook®, Twitter™ and MySpace®, plus more than 50 news, sports and entertainment feeds. The Social Beat application can be downloaded on select phones through the Media Center.
- Parents can manage their children’s wireless use and avoid unexpected charges with Usage Controls. Parents have the ability to set voice and messaging allowances, receive free text alerts when a family member nears or reaches their voice or data limit, and more. Usage Controls are available on most handsets at a monthly cost of $4.99 per line. Sign up through www.myverizon.com.
Verizon Wireless’ Year-Round Network Focus
Going to school across the country or down the road, Verizon Wireless keeps students connected. Verizon Wireless has invested more than $60 billion since it was formed – $5.7 billion on average every year – to increase the coverage and capacity of its premier nationwide network and to add new services. In 2009 alone, Verizon Wireless invested $7 billion to expand and advance its network.
- For the latest on network-related news, information and upgrades, follow VZWNetwork on Twitter at http://twitter.com/vzwnetwork.
- To see the Verizon Wireless network in action, visit the VerizonWirelessTV channel on YouTube at www.youtube.com/VerizonWirelessTV.
- Video footage and images of Verizon Wireless network preparations are also available in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
- Back to school promotional prices are available with a new two-year customer agreement. For more information on phones and devices, visit www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving more than 92 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 79,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties and trademarks of Research In Motion Limited.