BASKING RIDGE, NJ, and RICHARDSON, TX — Verizon Wireless, the company with the nation’s largest and most reliable wireless 3G network, and ZTE USA, Inc., introduce the Verizon Wireless Salute™. Available today, the lightweight, slim slider phone offers up to 240 minutes of talk time and up to 220 hours of standby time on a single charge. It is a reliable handset with the most important features customers need in a single device, including a 1.3-megapixel camera, speakerphone and Bluetooth® headset support.
- Stylish slider design
- Large 2.4-inch screen
- 1.3-megapixel camera
- Mobile Web capable
- Messaging options include: text, picture and voice messaging; Mobile Email; Mobile Web Email; and Chat capable
- Bilingual interface: English/Español
- Micro USB 2.0 compatible
- Bluetooth® technology with support for the following Bluetooth profiles: headset, hands-free, phonebook access, and object push for vCard and vCalendar
- Media Center provides access to downloadable games, ringtones, wallpapers, location-based services and more
- Social Beat application – offers a single point for accessing social networking sites, allowing customers to stay connected to Facebook®, Twitter™ and MySpace®, plus more than 50 news, sports and entertainment feeds
- Backup Assistant(SM) application – saves and updates a copy of the phone’s address book to a secure website
- VZ Navigator® capabilities for customers to receive audible turn-by-turn directions to millions of points of interest and share the directions with others
- Preloaded with Bing Search
Price and availability:
- The Salute is available today at www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores for $19.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
(EDITOR’S NOTE: Media can access high-resolution images of the Salute in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.)
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving more than 92 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 79,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
ZTE is a leading global provider of telecommunications equipment and network solutions. It has the widest and most complete product range in the world – covering virtually every sector of the wireline, wireless, service and terminals markets. The company delivers innovative, custom-made products and services to over 500 operators in more than 140 countries, helping them to achieve continued revenue growth and to shape the future of the world’s communications. ZTE’s 2009 revenue was over USD 8,820.7 million, attaining the fastest growth in the industry with a 36.08% revenue increase. ZTE commits around 10% of its annual turnover to research and development and plays a leading role in a wide range of international bodies responsible for developing emerging telecoms standards. A company with sound corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives, ZTE is a member of the UN Global Compact that strictly adheres to the Ten Principles of the Global Compact in developing and carrying out CSR programs. ZTE is China’s only listed telecom manufacturer, with shares publicly traded on both the Hong Kong and Shenzhen Stock Exchanges (H share stock code: 0763.HK / A share stock code: 000063.SZ). For more information, please visit www.zte.com.cn.