BASKING RIDGE, NJ — In today’s increasingly connected world where younger generations are more and more comfortable sharing personal information online and on their mobile devices, Verizon Wireless has a comprehensive website – Parental Controls Center– with information to help consumers manage and create a digital experience that’s just right for their families.
The Parental Controls Center website provides step-by-step instructions, tutorials, articles, informational videos, statistics and links to a wide range of tools to help educate parents, kids and others on how to optimize their privacy and safety in digital and communication environments. Visitors to Verizon’s Parental Controls Center can comment on the articles, in some cases starting a dialogue of their own with other parents. The website, created to help raise awareness of digital safety, also includes contributions from experts in the field, among them Common Sense Media, ConnectSafely.org, Enough Is Enough, Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB), and WebWiseKids. Some examples of their work include:
- Cell Phones and Parenting – Advice for parents to determine when they should get their children cellphones and more importantly, what kind of cellphone features are right for what age. It also has tips for teaching children how to use cellphones responsibly.
- Rules of the Road for Kids – Tips to help teenagers and kids understand the consequences of their actions online and help them determine what content that is appropriate to post online, especially on Facebook®.
- YouTube & Your Kids – Helps parents understand capabilities of YouTube™, the No. 1 online video site, and ways to communicate with their children about what they are watching and whether it is age-appropriate material.
Verizon Wireless’ variety of personalized tools, which can be found on the Parental Controls Center Website, including My Verizon, Verizon Safeguards, Usage Controls and Content Filters – help customers manage their wireless accounts and ensure they are being used in a safe and responsible manner. Customers with Android™ devices can also turn to Verizon Wireless Express Services to quickly and conveniently manage their accounts with one click. The website also includes information on Verizon FiOS TV Parental Controls, which enable parents to easily manage the content that comes into their homes and to make better decisions about what their children watch on television.
More Information Available
For step-by-step directions on tracking mobile usage, visit the Verizon Wireless Support page and click on the posted “How To” video that meets your needs. Videos include:
- Check Your Usage
- My Verizon Mobile on Android
- Understanding Your Bill Online
- Track Your Wireless Usage
For more information about Verizon Wireless, visit www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s fastest and most advanced 4G network and largest and most reliable 3G network, and serves more than 94 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 82,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.