BASKING RIDGE, NJ — With Content Filters, part of the suite of Parental Controls from Verizon Wireless, customers can help manage the games, videos and apps their children are accessing and sharing on their wireless devices to make sure they are age appropriate.
Verizon Wireless today posted "Managing Wireless Access: Content Filters," the third in a series of videos advising customers on how to manage their wireless lives. In this video, Verizon Wireless representatives describe how parents can use age-based Content Filters to manage access to content and applications, including those found in V CAST Apps, the Verizon Wireless Media Store and Mobile Web from phones on their account. The filter settings, which can be changed at any time using My Verizon, are:
- Children 7 Plus, C7+: Recommended for children ages 7 to 12
- Teens 13 Plus, T13+: Recommended for teens ages 13 to 16
- Young Adults 17 Plus, YA17+: Recommended for young adults ages 17 and up
- Filters Off: Recommended for adults; provides access to all content accessible through your mobile phone
Verizon Wireless Content Filters are available at no extra charge for every line on a account. Android-based Verizon Wireless smartphones with active Content Filters set below the Young Adult level will not be able to access Android Market. For more information, visit the Verizon Wireless Content Filters page.
More Information on How to Manage Wireless Use
Verizon Wireless offers a variety of ways for customers to manage their wireless lives. Additional video guides highlighting tools customers can use are available on YouTube or in the Multimedia Library:
- "It's Easy To Track Your Wireless Usage," which highlights easy ways to check and monitor usage.
- "Tips For Traveling Overseas," which highlights tips for customers on how to prepare their phones for overseas travel.
- Customers can also visit Verizon Wireless Support to view "How To" videos with step-by-step directions on different aspects of account management.
For more information about Verizon Wireless, visit www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's fastest, most advanced 4G network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 104 million total wireless connections, including more than 88 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 85,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.