BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Summer vacation means more time for the youngest customers who use Verizon Wireless phones to send and receive messages, download and use apps and games, surf the Web, and make calls on their cell phones. But, with a few tools from Verizon Wireless, summertime doesn’t have to mean unexpected high wireless bills.
Through Usage Controls, account owners can help manage wireless usage with various settings and tools, including:
- Usage Allowances: Customers can set limits for voice minutes and messages that can be used during a billing cycle. Verizon Wireless will send free text message alerts when the message or minute limit is nearing and when it is reached.
- Time Restrictions: Parents can limit and control voice, messaging, and data usage during certain times of day and days of week.
- Blocked Numbers: Customers can restrict sending calls or messages to, or receiving calls or messages from, up to 20 telephone numbers they designate. Account owners also have the option to create a list of up to 20 trusted numbers that can always get through, regardless of Usage Allowances or Time Restrictions. Calls to 9-1-1 will always go through and calls that don’t count toward a plan allowance will go through as well. Additional blocking features include 411 blocking and blocking private or restricted callers.
The Verizon Wireless Usage Controls service is easy to set up and manage through My Verizon. Usage Controls is available for $4.99/month per line, which is added to a customer’s monthly service plan. Learn more about Verizon Wireless Usage Controls.
More Information Available
Verizon Wireless also posted a video called “Controlling Wireless Usage,” the latest in a series of videos offering tips to customers on how to manage their wireless lives. In this video, Verizon Wireless representatives describe how customers can use Usage Controls to easily monitor wireless usage – voice, messaging and data – for each line of their account. The video is available on the Verizon WirelessTV YouTube channel and in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library.
- “It’s Easy To Track Your Wireless Usage,” which highlights easy ways to check and monitor usage.
- “Tips For Traveling Overseas,” which highlights tips for customers on how to prepare their phones for overseas travel.
- Customers can also visit Verizon Wireless Support to view “How To” videos with step-by-step directions on different aspects of account management.
For more information about Verizon Wireless, visit www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s fastest, most advanced 4G network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 104 million total wireless connections, including more than 88 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 85,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.