Verizon Wireless is committed to conserving resources today and protecting the environment for generations to come. The company is sponsoring a free Recycling Rally to collect no longer needed computers, electronic equipment and other items.
These may include*:
- Laptop and desktop computers/LCD and CRT monitors Televisions
- Computer cables/mice/keyboards/printers
- Small electronic appliances/microwave ovens/vacuum cleaners
- Stereo/audio equipment/gaming consoles/electronic toys/cameras
- Telephones/answering machines/alarm clocks
- Aluminum cans/ glass/plastics/paper shredders
- Cell phones/chargers/accessories
Items that will NOT be accepted:
- Hazardous waste (batteries, inks/toners, mercury bulbs)
- Units containing fluid (motors, pumps containing fluid)
- Refrigerators or freezers
- Medical waste/radioactive material /X-ray equipment
All collected items will be recycled or disposed of in an environmentally protected way. Cell phones and accessories will be donated to Verizon Wireless’ HopeLine® program to benefit survivors of domestic violence.
Verizon Wireless Call Center
2777 S. Corporate Park Drive (Parking Lot)
West Valley City, UT 84120
Thursday, September 29, 2011
7:30 am – 2:00 pm
*All batteries and toners need to be removed and cannot be accepted for recycling. *Computer hard drives will not be wiped.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s fastest, most advanced 4G network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 106.3 million total wireless connections, including 89.7 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 83,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.