BASKING RIDGE, NJ and HAUPPAUGE, NY — Verizon Wireless and Pantech today announced the Pantech Jest™ 2 will be available online at http://www.verizonwireless.com/ beginning Sept. 29.
The global-ready Jest 2 comes equipped with a slide-out QWERTY keyboard for fast and easy socializing. Customers can access mobile email to stay productive and in touch while on the go. Web pages are delivered quickly on the Jest 2 with the Opera Mini Web browser. Opera Mini offers an enhanced user experience bringing users PC-like Web browsing. The Jest 2 is an ideal basic phone with serious texting skills and globe-trotting capabilities.
- 2.4-inch LCD display
- Full QWERTY keyboard
- Global-ready – quad-band with support allowing customers to enjoy wireless voice and data service in more than 200 countries
- 2-megapixel camera and camcorder
- Task bar key for quick access to Verizon Wireless services, dialing, favorites, recent calls, messaging, music, pictures, contacts and tools
- Opera Mini Browser for mobile Web browsing
- Full suite of messaging options, including text, picture, video and voice messaging and mobile instant messaging
- VZ Navigator® – receive audible turn-by-turn directions to millions of points of interest and share directions with others, includes access to mobile Web and email
- V CAST Tones – download ringtones and ringback tones
- Supports up to 32 GB microSD™ card
- Bluetooth® support includes headset, hands-free, stereo, phonebook access, object push for vCard and file transfer
- 2.5 mm headset jack
Pricing and availability:
- The Pantech Jest 2 will be available online at http://www.verizonwireless.com/ beginning Sept. 29 for $79.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
(EDITOR’S NOTE: Media can access high-resolution images of the Pantech Jest™ 2 in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.)
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 106.3 million total wireless connections, including 89.7 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 83,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit http://www.verizonwireless.com/. o preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
Pantech Co., Ltd., is one of Korea’s top three mobile handset makers. Pantech has received wide-ranging industry recognition for its innovative handset designs, and has also introduced a significant number of breakthrough technologies in the mobile phone industry. Established in 1991, Pantech collectively has approximately 3,000 employees and 6 regional sales offices worldwide. For more information on Pantech, please visit www.pantech.com.