BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Verizon Wireless today announced that the elegant HTC Rhyme™, exclusively from Verizon Wireless, will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores, online at http://www.verizonwireless.com/ and in Target stores with Target Mobile centers beginning Sept. 29.
“The HTC Rhyme is the ideal device for customers making the move from a basic phone to smartphone,” said Jeff Dietel, vice president of marketing for Verizon Wireless. “We believe the HTC Rhyme, and all the accessories included in box, provide a great value and unique experience for our customers.”
The stylish HTC Rhyme stands out with its plum color and new HTC Sense user experience with customizable screens and widgets. Customers will find a suite of accessories included with the HTC Rhyme such as the tangle free headphones for hassle-free music listening, and the docking station to transform the phone into an alarm clock or media center while charging. Never miss a call with the innovative HTC Rhyme Charm, also included in box, to alert customers of incoming calls or messages while the HTC Rhyme is deep in a bag or briefcase.
“Target is excited to partner with Verizon Wireless as the exclusive national retailer for the new HTC Rhyme,” said Nik Nayar, vice president of Merchandise, Target. “Available at Target Mobile centers, our guests will be able to browse conveniently and tap into the expert support from Target Mobile team members as they explore this unique new smartphone.”
- Android™ 2.3 Gingerbread
- 3.7-inch super LCD display
- 5-megapixel rear-facing camera with flash
- Instant shutter for capturing memorable moments when they happen
- Action burst scene that automatically takes five consecutive shots of a scene
- Panoramic mode to stitch several photos for those larger-than-life views
- Front-facing camera for still shots and video chatting
- HTC Watch featuring a wide selection of movies and TV shows that can be downloaded for instant viewing
- 1 GHz Snapdragon® processor
- Support for Google™ Mobile Services, including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Search™ and Google Maps™, as well as access to more than 250,000 apps available to download from Android Market™
- Wi-Fi connectivity 802.11 b/g/n
- 3G mobile hotspot capable of supporting up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices
Pricing and availability:
- The HTC Rhyme will be available on Sept. 29 in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores, online at www.verizonwireless.com and in Target Mobile centers for $199.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.
- Customers that purchase the HTC Rhyme will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan beginning at $39.99 for monthly access and a smartphone data package starting at $30 monthly access for 2 GB of data.
- Through Target’s Electronics Trade-in service, guests will receive an instant $50 trade-in credit for any working phone to use towards the purchase of the HTC Rhyme (offer valid through Oct. 15, 2011).
For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
(EDITOR’S NOTE: Media can access high-resolution images of the HTC Rhyme™ in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.)
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 106.3 million total wireless connections, including 89.7 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 83,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit http://www.verizonwireless.com/. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.