SALT LAKE CITY, UT — Calling, downloading apps and surfing the web on the Verizon Wireless network is now easier and faster for residents and travelers across the Beehive State thanks to several new cell sites that improve coverage and capacity, including:
- American Fork – central business district including the District Court building, Emergency Services building and post office
- Bountiful – east side of Bountiful including Lakeview Hospital
- Cottonwood Heights – areas surrounding Highland and Fort Union
- Hyrum – towns of Hyrum and Paradise, including Hyrum Reservoir State Park
- Layton – area and neighborhoods surrounding E. Gentile Street
- Logan – Main Street business corridor including US-91 and US-89; also the Fourth North Shopping Center
- Salt Lake City – Gateway Mall in downtown Salt Lake City; also Foothill Drive area
- Sandy – area surrounding 10600 South and 700 East; also White City area
- South Jordan – Daybreak and surrounding area
- West Valley City – along the Bangerter Hwy including 4100 South area and Parkway area
Since being founded in 2000, Verizon Wireless has invested more than $411 million in its Utah network. Nationally, the company has invested more than $65 billion over that same period to increase the coverage and capacity of its network, and to add new services.
The network upgrades are part of the company’s ongoing investment to keep improving and strengthening the nation’s fastest and most reliable wireless network.
Verizon Wireless on Twitter
To stay up-to-date on Verizon Wireless news in Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Utah and Wyoming follow @VZWbob on Twitter at http://twitter.com/VZWbob.
For the latest network-related news, information and upgrades follow @VerizonNews on Twitter at http://twitter.com/VerizonNews.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 107.7 million total wireless connections, including 90.7 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with nearly 83,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.