BASKING RIDGE, NJ — No need to decide between a touchscreen or keyboard with the Samsung Brightside™on the Verizon Wireless network. Verizon Wireless and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile) will offer the social- and feature-rich Samsung Brightside starting March 1 in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com.
The Brightside features a 3.1-inch touchscreen display and full QWERTY slide-out keyboard, allowing customers to easily stay connected. Users can quickly send text messages and update social networking sites on the nation’s most reliable 3G network with the Brightside’s one-touch access to messaging and contacts.
Students and small business owners can also put its QWERTY keyboard to work and stay productive. They can email classmates or colleagues to organize meetings to keep a group project on task. Customers can use the document viewer feature to open Microsoft® Office documents saved on the microSD™ card and review the group’s work, all on the Samsung Brightside.
- One-touch access to contact list, messaging options (text, picture and email), camera function and Social Networks application, including Facebook® and Twitter™, allowing customers to update their status and upload photos instantly
- Full suite of messaging options, including text, picture and voice messaging and mobile email
- 3.2-megapixel camera with timer, brightness control and shooting modes (single, continuous, panorama, mosaic and frame); scene modes (landscape, sports, party, beach, sunset, dawn, fall, night, backlight, fire and candlelight)
- Document viewer feature – view documents in the following formats:
- Microsoft Office formats, including Word, Excel® and PowerPoint®
- Adobe® PDF
- ASCII documents
- HTML documents
- Images: JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG
The Samsung Brightside will be available March 1 in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com for $99.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
For more information on the Samsung Brightside or other Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com. Follow @VZWnews on Twitter for the latest news on Verizon Wireless.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves nearly 108 million total wireless connections, including 92.2 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with nearly 82,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About Samsung Telecommunications America
Samsung Telecommunications America, LLC, a Dallas-based subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., researches, develops and markets wireless handsets and telecommunications products throughout North America. For more information, please visit www.samsungwireless.com.