Yes, Spring Training is an annual rite and up-close celebration of possibility, power and speed. Across Florida’s Grapefruit League ballparks this year, fans using the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network will enjoy that celebration in a variety of high-tech ways.
The nation’s largest 4G LTE network lets fans stream their favorite team’s stats, highlights and other sports programming, or download full-length classic baseball movies in HD with no annoying buffering. And with 4G LTE, sports gamers can take part in multiplayer online action, and fantasy league players can upload photos and posts while on-the-go.
That performance is made possible by these big league, Holy cow! numbers: in real-world, fully loaded network environments, 4G LTE users on the Verizon Wireless network should experience average data rates of 5 to 12 megabits per second (Mbps) on the downlink and 2 to 5 Mbps on the uplink.
Verizon Wireless launched 4G LTE across Florida in December 2010 and already covers about 75 percent of the state’s population, including these Grapefruit League venues:
- McKechnie Field in Bradenton (Pirates)
- Bright House Networks Field in Clearwater (Phillies)
- Florida Auto Exchange Stadium in Dunedin (Blue Jays)
- Jet Blue Park in Fort Myers (Red Sox)
- Osceola County Stadium in Kissimmee (Astros)
- Hammond Stadium in Fort Myers (Twins)
- Champion Stadium in Lake Buena Vista (Braves)
- Joker Marchant Stadium in Lakeland (Tigers)
- Ed Smith Stadium in Sarasota (Orioles)
- George M. Steinbrenner Field in Tampa (Yankees)
Major markets including South Florida, Tampa Bay, Jacksonville and Orlando were the first in Florida to launch the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network just 16 months ago. Since then, the company has been enhancing coverage in those areas and expanding service to others including Gainesville, Tallahassee, Daytona Beach, Sarasota, Bradenton, Lakeland, Fort Myers and Pensacola. Verizon Wireless plans to cover its entire network footprint with 4G LTE by the end of 2013.
That’s good news for fans of possibility, power and speed everywhere.