The Verizon Wireless ice cream truck will soon deliver a tasty treat to HTC Rezound™ customers – Android™ 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS). The software upgrade will be pushed over the air starting May 21.
The Rezound is the first of many Verizon Wireless devices to be upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich and brings a variety of enhancements, including:
• Launch Bar – Easily find home screen items and features thanks to a customizable Launch Bar. With the Launch Bar, customers can easily drag apps, shortcuts, folders and other items in or out of the Favorites Tray for instant access right on their home screen.
• New Notifications Tools – Accessing notifications is just a swipe away, even when the Rezound is locked. With just a swipe of a finger, customers can easily view and remove individual notifications on their devices. HTC Sense™ also provides a rich lock screen experience with more lock screen styles and shortcuts to apps.
• Face Unlock – Effortlessly unlock your phone with a smile – no typing required.
• Recent Apps – Multitask with ease with the Recent Apps feature. Quickly switch between currently open apps, and when done using them, simply swipe away apps to close.
• Folder Options – Create folders to access favorite and frequently used apps with just one touch, whether on the home screen, Favorites Tray or lock screen.
Customers can visit the HTC Rezound support page for additional details about the software upgrade.