The holidays are almost here, which means it’s time to plan, prepare and, of course, shop. For special insight into what mobile technology is hot for people this year, TNS conducted a survey in September 2013 among 2,500 adults representative of the U.S. household population over 18 years of age.
The poll indicates that more than four in 10 people would like to receive a smartphone and or tablet, and one in three have a mobile accessory on their wish lists. The poll also reveals that nearly 40 percent of shoppers plan to spend $50 or more on mobile technology gifts.
Among the top five ranked accessories on this year’s holiday wish lists are:
- A smartphone or tablet case/cover or a detachable keyboard for a tablet
- A wireless Bluetooth headset for use with a mobile phone or music player
- A device that tracks your fitness and activities such as a Fitbit or UP by Jawbone
- A wireless speaker or boombox such as the JAMBOX by Jawbone or Beats Pill speaker
- A wireless video accessory such as the Belkin @TV Plus or Push2TV Wireless Display Adapter
What’s on your holiday mobile technology wish list? Tell us on Twitter at @VZWnews.