As a Verizon Wireless public relations specialist in the Midwest, I often get asked by family and friends what apps are my favorite. Apparently, my expert opinion holds extra water.
1. Pulse – I love this all-in-one information app. I can read all my favorite sports blogs and news sites in one clean app on my mobile device.
2. TMZ – How will I know what Amanda Bynes or Lindsay Lohan has done without this entertainment news app? Everyone has one guilty pleasure; this is mine.
3. Spotify – Sometimes I’m a little bit country, and sometimes I’m a little bit rock and roll. From Aerosmith to Zac Brown Band, whatever I am in the mood for, Spotify has me covered. Playlists are stored in the cloud, so they are right there for me.
4. Yahoo Fantasy Sports – Fantasy baseball is on hiatus till the 2014 season starts, and I was horrible in fantasy football, so I’ve moved on to the next sport. Fantasy basketball is underway, which means this app is used daily as I track my standings and adjust my team.
5. Megapolis – You need one addictive game on your device, and this one is mine. This game brings me back to the old days of playing “Sim City” in the 90s.
This is part of the Verizon Wireless “Must-have Apps” series, which provides insights into the apps that people use every day to embrace the mobile lifestyle.