Whether I’m traveling, keeping up with the latest flicks or working at Verizon Wireless, my life has many facets. Here are my must-have apps for the many activities that make up my day:
1. Speaktoit Assistant – This app acts as my personal assistant; it is great for creating quick reminders and notes when I don’t have the time to write them down. Plus, it can make the most computer-illiterate person look tech-savvy instantaneously. (I’m just saying.)
2. IMDB – I’m a movie buff. For me, having the ability to get information about movies or actors and actresses in an instant is a luxury. When someone at a party asks, “Hey, who’s the actor who played in…?” I’m the smartest guy in the room.
3. Temple Run – Sometimes there’s that awkward moment when I’m waiting for an appointment or at the train stop with nobody to text. The solution: Temple Run. This is a great game to burn time and sharpen my reflexes. I plan to beat my high score of 8 million at my next doctor’s appointment.
4. VZ Navigator – I drive from town to town in New Jersey and sometimes even to New York City. VZ Navigator makes driving on the East Coast a lot easier for this Wisconsin native. Frankly, I don’t know where I’d be without it.
5. AccuWeather – This isn’t the fanciest app, but it beats waiting for the TV news to report the weather. Just one click and I can get a quick weather forecast for the day and week ahead. The app even gives me insight on what activities are best for that particular day.
This is part of the Verizon Wireless “Must-have Apps” series, which provides insights into the apps that people use every day to embrace the mobile lifestyle.