According to Portio Research, an estimated 1.2 billion people worldwide used mobile apps in 2012. This number is forecasted to increase by almost 30 percent each year, reaching 4.4 billion by 2017. With the continued popularity of smartphone apps, I wanted to get in on the conversation. I’ve been spending a lot of time in New York and New Jersey lately, and these apps were recommended to me by friends and colleagues as must-haves for the region.
- Best Parking – Looking for a parking spot in the city can be hard, so from what I hear, this app is genius. It helps you find out where to park, how much it’s going to cost you, which deals are the best, and more.
- Tweat.it – If you love trying new food, you’ll have to check out this app. Tweat.it makes it easy to find the mobile food vendors closest to you at any moment. With an interactive map giving you real-time locations for your favorite food trucks, this app can help you choose your next meal in seconds.
- New York City Essential Guide - The beautiful thing about New York City is that it has a little something for everyone. This app allows me to browse through everything from landmarks and attractions to shops and shows, so I can experience all the sights and sounds the Big Apple has to offer.
- Transit App – Friends tell me that this is a must-have for any commuter. Get locations of trains and buses in real time, and use the trip planner function if you’re going somewhere new and need help mapping it out.
- NFL Mobile – And of course, this Verizon-exclusive app is always on my must-have list, no matter where I am. Thanks to the NFL Mobile app, you can stream football games (including Super Bowl XLVIII) at your convenience, so you never miss a moment.
This is part the Verizon Wireless “Must-have Apps” series, which provides insights into the apps that people use every day to embrace the mobile lifestyle.