Gina Schreck is a wife, mother of four, and president and owner of SocialKNX, a digital media and social marketing company in Denver. Schreck spends a lot of time on the road, traveling internationally to speak about social media and how to use today’s tools to help you be more productive and build business. Because of her busy schedule, she relies on her mobile devices and apps to help with everyday tasks and get more done while on the go. Schreck shares what apps keep her and her busy life in order:
1. Flipboard - In my job, staying on top of what is going on in the digital media and social marketing industry and our clients’ different industries is critical, so I turn to Flipboard for help. Flipboard is a customizable digital magazine that pulls content from the Web and displays it on my mobile device in a beautiful format that I can read while drinking my morning coffee or waiting to board an airplane.
2. ClipCam - Sharing short video tips and clips is a big part of social marketing and with ClipCam, I can take several short clips and stitch them together before sharing.
3. A Beautiful Mess - A picture is worth a thousand words, but why not squeeze a few more in? With A Beautiful Mess app, I can write on my photos before loading them to Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. I can also add a Web address, someone’s name above their head or even draw a mustache on them.
4. Cozi – I don’t have time to keep track of a paper calendar at home and an electronic one for work, a shopping list on the refrigerator and a to-do list on my desk. Instead, I need one place for everything and I get just that with Cozi. The app lets me share important dates with my family, as well as track my next business trip. When we’re low on butter, my family knows to add it to the Cozi shopping list, and whoever gets to the store first can pull up the list. It tracks birthdays, sends reminders and even gives me dinner ideas that usually turn into reservations somewhere.
5. Pzizz - When I hit that midday wall that either calls for a nap or a venti caramel macchiato, I reach for my phone and open up Pzizz, an app that helps me fall asleep faster through various soundtracks. I set the timer for 20 minutes and fall into a deep sleep before I can count 10 sheep. It gently wakes me up at the appointed time and has me feeling refreshed and ready for my second shift.
This is part of the Verizon Wireless “Must-have Apps” series, which provides insights into the apps that people use every day to embrace the mobile lifestyle.