Apps are more common in our lives today than they have ever been before. According to a 2013 study by Flurry Analytics, mobile app usage grew 115 percent year-over-year from 2012. As a mom to two toddlers and an infant, and as the public relations manager for Verizon Wireless’ Georgia/Alabama region, I rely on the help of apps to juggle my busy schedule. Here are some of my favorites:
- Endless Alphabet – My two toddlers love this app. It’s fun and educational, plus it has a great design. I give them my tablet, and it keeps them entertained while I take care of things around the house.
- Shutterfly – I’m always taking pictures of my kids and love to share them with family members who live in other cities. Shutterfly allows me to easily upload photos, order prints and other products, and view and share photos with my family and friends.
- Zillow – With a new addition to our family, it was time to buy a bigger house. The app allowed me see what homes were on the market, what recently sold in my neighborhood, and the other neighborhoods I was interested in. Zillow is great for house hunters and real estate junkies.
- Xfinity TV Go – I travel a lot between Georgia and Alabama, so this app is great to have. I can watch On Demand content when I’m on the go to keep up with TV shows and catch up on movies. It’s a definite must-have for frequent travelers.
- Sleep Pillow Sounds – This is a helpful app for infants, kids and adults alike who need a bit of white noise while they sleep. It’s a family favorite in our house.
This is part of the Verizon Wireless “Must-have Apps” series, which provides insights into the apps that people use every day to embrace the mobile lifestyle.