Professional snowboarder Gretchen Bleiler recently joined fitness blogger Lindsay Tredent, of FitandAwesome.com, for the Ultimate #MORE SoCal Day Twitter Party. Afterwards, we checked in with her to learn about her must-have apps.
- Camera+ – I love Instagram but first I use Camera+ to get the right mood for my pics through all of the app’s amazing scenes and filters, and then I Instagram it!
- NPR News – I love NPR news and love listening to “Radiolab” and “TED Talk Hour.” I drive back and forth between California and Colorado all of the time, and when I drive with my husband and my dog, we listen to different episodes. It’s the perfect content to fill our minds!
- Oakley Surf Report – This is just a great app that I use to get info on the surf conditions. I live in SoCal and surf all around the area, and this app gives me details on all of my favorite local surf spots, including the tide report, wind direction and surf size.
- Path – This social network and messaging app is a great way for me to connect and share all of my adventures and photos of my travels with specifically my family and close friends. It’s similar to other social networking apps, but you can customize it with your “inner circle” so you can select what you share and with whom.
- The Weather Channel – I’m always traveling around the world for different opportunities, snowboarding competitions and training camps. I need to know the temps and conditions so I can pack appropriately because sometimes I'm gone for months at a time. One of my last trips I needed to pack for a palace visit in Monaco, touring around Paris, and then straight to New Hampshire for a weekend of snowboarding! This app helps me figure it all out.
This is part of the Verizon Wireless “Must-have Apps” series, which provides insights into the apps that people use every day to embrace the mobile lifestyle.
Photo credit: Alden Wallace