This is the 20th anniversary of the ESSENCE Festival, one of the largest music festivals in the United States. This Fourth of July weekend, thousands of people will be in New Orleans to experience everything the city has to offer. Before you go, here is a list of apps to help get you ready for what is sure to be a memorable event:
- ESSENCE Festival App – This is the official app of the 2014 ESSENCE Festival, and the only way to be in the know. With this app, you get the complete schedule of everything that’s happening at the festival. Plus, the app lets you create your own personalized ESSENCE Festival schedule.
- Verizon’s Mobile Disco Ball – This can’t be downloaded in an app store, but you will want to make sure you have Verizon’s Mobile Disco Ball on your cellphone to be part of something special with Morris Chestnut in the Superdome on Sunday night. You can also text DISCO to 96035 to download the disco ball.
- Slacker Radio – Sometimes the lines to meet your favorite celebrities can be a little long. This app makes it easy to keep the ESSENCE Festival energy going while you wait by giving you access to hundreds of radio stations created by music experts.
- VZ Navigator – New Orleans has a rich history with plenty to see. VZ Navigator offers you an easy way to access step-by-step directions whether you are on foot or in the car.
- Around the Way – This app provides a listing of locally owned businesses and shops, making it easy to take home a piece of New Orleans and support the community.
This is part of the Verizon Wireless “Must-have Apps” series, which provides insight into the apps that people use every day to embrace the mobile lifestyle.
Essence Festival News
|Actor Lance Gross' Must-have Apps|
|ESSENCE Festival Celebrates its 20th Anniversary|
|Actress Regina Hall's Must-have Apps|