After finishing third in the Verizon IndyCar Series Championship and collecting his first two series victories in 2013, IndyCar’s Simon Pagenaud continues to stay ahead of the pack in 2014. A driver for Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, Pagenaud has already won one race and has had five top-five finishes in the first eight races this season. We caught up with him before the dual races in Detroit, where he shared his #musthaveapps.
- WRC – I check the World Rally Championship (WRC) app on my phone almost daily. I love rally racing, and it’s my way to keep in touch with what they’re doing. I love how spectacular the racing is; watching the videos on that app allows me to feel like I’m part of the action.
- Market Millionaire – I’m a stock market nerd. Market Millionaire is a virtual stock market exchange game that allows you to invest in the stock market without actually investing a dime. At the start of the game you are given a lump of play money with which you can buy your own stock and simulate the real market. It’s real-time with the actual stock market, so it’s a simulation. I check every day to see how my stocks are doing.
- CNBC – This app gives me alerts on the stock market so I can check how my real stocks are doing.
- iTranslate: The Apple iTranslate app has Russian and Portuguese language options. I originally downloaded it to talk with my former race team owner and mentor Gil de Ferran in Portuguese. This year, when my teammate Mikhail Aleshin came onboard, I added Russian. Now I can send them texts in their own languages.
- Zillow – I travel a lot for racing, and I like to check out the housing market wherever I go. I love real estate and houses, so I’m always checking stuff in whatever city I end up racing in.
This is part of the Verizon Wireless “Must-have Apps” series, which provides insights into the apps that people use every day to embrace the mobile lifestyle.