Many people use YouTube on their mobile devices and computers. But did you know you can integrate them to work together? By changing a few settings on your smartphone or tablet, you can enable your mobile device to remotely control your computer to play YouTube Videos. Follow these step-by-step instructions to do so, but note that YouTube TV is not supported on all devices. For a list of compatible devices, click here.
- From your computer, visit https://www.youtube.com/tv#, then press the up arrow on your keyword twice to arrive at search.
- Next, press the enter key and you will be prompted with a screen that gives you instructions on how to pair devices.
- From your smartphone or tablet, visit https://www.youtube.com/pair and enter the pairing code that was provided from your computer. If your smartphone or tablet has the YouTube app installed, you may have to enter the code by going to Settings and selecting “Connected TVs.”
- Once you receive confirmation, you will then be able to play YouTube videos from one device to another.
This is part of the Verizon Wireless "#FactOrFiction" series, which investigates wireless tech myths and reveal if they are true or not. Check out other stories from earlier in the series:
- Does ‘Airplane Mode’ Decrease the Time it Takes to Charge a Phone?
- Putting your Phone in Uncooked Rice can Save it from Water Damage
Andrew Mucci is a digital strategist for Verizon Wireless. You can follow him on Twitter at: @AndMucc.