As a fashion merchandising student, it is crucial that I stay up-to-date with the latest trends and styles. When I am on-the-go, I turn to my mobile device to plan outfits, browse fashion blogs and, of course, shop online. Fashion apps have made these daily activities easier and more convenient. These are my top five free fashion #musthaveapps:
- Stylitics – There are endless virtual closet apps but my favorite by far is Stylitics. This app lets me create and share outfits from my real closet and keeps track of when I wear these outfits on a wardrobe calendar.
- Pose – Unlike any other fashion app, Pose provides outfit inspirations for specific events and occasions based on weather forecasts and location. Rather than switching between multiple apps when I’m getting ready in the morning, I have everything I need in one place.
- The Hunt – This community-based app has eliminated my struggle of hunting down the perfect pair of shoes that I just can’t seem to get my hands on. I can post a picture or description of clothing, shoes, accessories, makeup and more that I’m looking to purchase and other users can share direct links or alternatives to these items.
- Poshmark – It’s one thing to buy clothes, but selling them can be difficult. The Poshmark app is a fun way to buy and sell gently worn clothing and accessories. It is essentially an online marketplace where I can list items for sale and bid on clothing from other sellers.
- Instagram – Lest we not forget the powerhouse of selfies: Instagram. Aside from snapping a quick picture of my lunch or a great hair day, I use the photo cataloging app to follow my favorite bloggers, celebrities and other fashion influencers.
What are your favorite fashion apps? Tell us how you use your mobile device to stay on top of the latest fashion trends at @VerizonNews.
Data usage applies for app download and use.
Kelsey Startzell is a senior at Northern Arizona University studying Merchandising and Public Relations and is the winner of the Verizon Guest Blog Contest. After graduation she plans to work in the fashion industry and focus on styling and editorial. Follow her on Twitter at: @kelseystartzell.
This is part of the Verizon Wireless “Must-have Apps” series, which provides insights into the apps that people use every day to embrace the mobile lifestyle.