It’s a no-brainer. Consumers with tech gifts on their holiday shopping lists should fully research how those products and services perform before buying. Use these tips to help unwrap the truth about wireless network coverage and capabilities in your area:
- Ho, ho, whoa! Some promotions sound good but have terms that can impact your network experience. Dramatically slower speeds and termination of service are examples of possible problems.
- Naughty…or nice? Evaluate claims such as “strongest” and ask for proof of real benefit for the customer.
- Checking that list twice. Impartial third-parties use performance measurement methodology grounded in science, with results recognized by experts as reliable and accurate. Beware of claims that rely on crowd-sourced data or limited surveys.
- And to all a good night! Consider the scope and breadth of coverage (after all, the technology is “mobile”), especially if you will be living or traveling through rural parts of the U.S.
- Being good for goodness sake. Sustained investment in network technology and infrastructure over the past 10-15 years often illustrates a company’s commitment to quality performance.
- All through the house. Ask if the wireless company you are considering employs its own program to test every element of its wireless experience across varied geographies.
- Better not pout. Research how each company’s network has performed in adverse conditions, such as the aftermath of a natural disaster. If they’ve performed well before, they likely will be there again when you need them most.
For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com.