To activate a device:
- Go to the Activate, Switch or Bring Your Own Device page in My Verizon.
- Tap Activate a Device on an Existing Line.
- If you have multiple lines on your account, select the line you want to activate the device on.
- In the Check Device step, we'll make sure the device you're activating is compatible with the plan and features on the line.
If you've previously used this device on your account, select Yes and pick this device from the drop down.
If this is the first time using this device on your account, select No. Enter your Device ID and tap Check Device. To learn how to find the Device ID for your phone, choose your device type and brand from the dropdown menus.
- For the security of your Verizon account, complete the authorization process by providing your unique authorization code. We'll send the code to you in a text message.
To complete the online authorization process:
- Select which phone on your account you want the code sent to.
- Tap Text Me the Code.
- Enter the code from the text message into the Online Authorization Code field and tap Confirm.
- In the Check SIM step we'll make sure your SIM card is compatible with your line. If your device doesn't require a SIM card or the previously used SIM card is compatible, you'll skip this step. Enter your SIM ID number and tap Check ID. To learn how to find your SIM ID number, tap Finding Your SIM Card and SIM ID. If you don't have a SIM card, tap Add to Cart to order one.
- Select an equipment protection option and tap Confirm. Youâll only see this step if you previously had equipment protection or have recently upgraded.
- If the device you're activating is not compatible with your current plan, you'll be asked to select a compatible plan. Select the plan you want and tap Confirm.
- Review your changes and tap Confirm Feature & Plan Changes.
- Back up your contacts and media from your old device.
You've successfully activated the device.
You can also watch our How to Activate Your Device video for instructions.
- These are instructions just for My Verizon. If you'd like more detailed activation instructions, enter "activate [device name]" (e.g., "activate G3") in the Search field on our website. Some of the first search results should be activation guides for the device title you entered.
- Visit our Prepaid Plan FAQs to learn how to activate a prepaid device.
- If you'd like to get a new device, refer to our Add a New Device FAQs.
- If you have problems activating a device, call Customer Service at (800) 922-0204.