Configuring email services - Microsoft® Outlook 2007
Server addresses, security information and additional support can be obtained from the email provider.
For additional information, refer to Configuring the email client to leave messages on server after retrieval - Outlook 2007.
- Launch Microsoft® Outlook.
From the Windows desktop navigate: Start > (Programs) All Programs > Microsoft® Office 2007 > Microsoft® Office Outlook 2007.
- From the top menu, click Tools > Account Settings.
- Double-click the desired email account.
- Ensure the account settings are correct, then click More Settings.
- Your Name
- A display name for the account (e.g. - John Smith)
- E-mail Address
- The email address for the account
- Account Type
- Email type (POP3 / IMAP)
- Incoming mail server
- The incoming mail server address
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP)
- The outgoing mail server address
- User Name
- The username required when logging into the email account.
Usernames vary depending on ISP (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org or jsmith).
- The password required for account access.
- From the Outgoing Server tab, enter the appropriate information then click OK.
- Click Close.
- Click Finish.
Last Modified: September 15, 2010