Connecting to a router or DSL / cable modem - Verizon 7501 Router
The following are required to install the Verizon Router:
- Active Internet service (confirm the Internet connection is active and functioning properly).
- Existing network device (such as a DSL modem, cable modem, or router) installed and functioning properly on the home network.
- A Network Interface Card (NIC) installed in each PC that will connect to the Router using Ethernet.
- An 802.11 b/g wireless adapter installed in each PC that will connect to the Router using Wi-Fi.
- Plug one end of an Ethernet cable into the Ethernet jack on the network router or DSL / cable modem.
Some modems may require enabling Bridge mode for authentication, please refer to the ISP for additional assistance.
- Plug the other end of the Ethernet cable into the jack labeled WAN on the back of the Verizon router.
- Plug the 12 VDC power adapter into the power connector on the back of the Verizon router.
Use only the power adapter provided with the Verizon router.
- Plug the AC power cord into an outlet.
- Ensure the network router or DSL / cable modem is powered on.
- From the back of the Verizon Router, turn the power on.
- Ensure the Power LED is solid green.
Last Modified: June 10, 2009