Perform a Factory Data Reset (Device Powered On) - Motorola Devour A555
A factory data (hard) reset may help with a blank or frozen screen, apps crashing or freezing, keypad/touchscreen problems, can't hear, device making noises, can't make or receive calls, and device won't sync. Our Troubleshooting Assistant can help you with other device issues if you aren't currently using the tool.
Perform a factory data reset only if absolutely necessary as it removes all data including:
- GoogleTM account
- System and app data
- App settings
- Downloaded apps
- Music, pictures and videos (It is recommended to backup this data).
- A hard reset can also be performed via the MyMOTOBLUR website. Refer to Hard Reset - MyMOTOBLUR for further assistance.
- An alternate reset method is available if the device is unresponsive or won't power on.
- From the home screen, tap the applications tab (located at the bottom of the display).
- Tap Settings.
- Tap SD card, USB Mass Storage, & phone storage.
- Tap Factory data reset from the Internal phone storage section.
- Tap Reset phone.
- Tap Erase everything.
Skip Google account setup during initial activation to determine if third-party app is the cause of an issue.