Perform a Factory Data Reset (Device Powered On) - DROID INCREDIBLE by HTC
A factory data (hard) reset may help with a blank or frozen screen, apps crashing or freezing, keypad/touchscreen problems, can't hear, device making noises, can't make or receive calls and device won't sync. Our Troubleshooting Assistant can help you with other device issues if you aren't currently using the tool.
Perform a factory data reset only if absolutely necessary as it removes all data including:
- GoogleTM account
- System and app data
- App settings
- Downloaded apps
- Music, pictures and videos (It's recommended to backup this data).
An alternate reset method is available if the device is unresponsive or won't power on.
- From the home screen, tap the Applications tab (located at the bottom left).
- Tap Settings.
- Tap SD & phone storage.
- From the Personal data section, tap Factory data reset.
- Select the appropriate option:
- Reset phone (Resets the phone)
- Reset phone & Internal storage (Resets the phone and the internal storage)
- Tap Erase everything.
Allow several minutes for the factory data reset and reboot processes to complete.
Skip Google account setup during initial activation to determine if third-party app is the cause of an issue.