Install System Updates - DROID INCREDIBLE by HTC
This shows you how to update the software and check for updates on your DROID INCREDIBLE by HTC. Our Troubleshooting Assistant can help you with other device issues if you aren't currently using the tool.
- The software update requires at least 40% battery level if not connected to an external power source and 20% or more if connected.
- If roaming outside the Verizon Wireless coverage area, a install system update notice won't be received. To receive the install system update over a Wi-Fi network, refer to Setup Wi-Fi Connection for assistance then check for a install system update.
If an install system update is installed, it may be necessary to update apps downloaded via Google Play.Prompted for Install System Updates
Checking for Install System Updates
If prompted with a install system update, select one of the following:
- Install now:
- The device restarts and installs the update.
- Install later:
- The update can be done later by checking for install system updates.
- More info:
- Provides install system update information and the option to restart and install the install system update.
- From the home screen, select the apps tab (located on the bottom).
- Select Settings.
- Select About phone.
- Select System updates.
- Verify the install system is up to date.
If a install system update is available, select Restart & Install.
- The device will restart and install the install system update.