Power the Device Up in Safe Mode - DROID ERIS by HTC
Safe Mode puts your phone in a diagnostic state (returned to default settings) so you can determine if a third-party app is causing your device to freeze/reset/run slow. Our Troubleshooting Assistant can help you with other device issues if you aren't currently using the tool.
- With the device powered off, press the End/Power button (located on the bottom right) to power on the device.
- When the HTC Logo appears on the screen, press and hold the Trackball (located at the bottom center).
- Hold the Trackball until Safe mode appears in the lower left.
This may take up to 30 seconds.
- With Safe Mode enabled, test device and app functionality. If the previous issue fails to occur, the cause has been isolated to a third-party app and all recently installed or updated apps should be uninstalled.
- Power cycle the device to disable Safe Mode then reinstall and test each app one at a time to identify which app is causing the problem.