Mobile HotSpot On/Off - DROID X by Motorola
This provides direction on how to turn Mobile Hotspot on/off. If you're having trouble setting up WiFi or can't connect to WiFi, make sure Mobile Hotspot is off. Our Troubleshooting Assistant can help you with other device issues if you aren't currently using the tool.When the Mobile Hotspot service is enabled (On), other Wi-Fi services are disabled.
- From a home screen, select the App menu.
- Select 3G Mobile Hotspot.
If the app icon is missing, select App menu filter (located at the top) then select All apps.
- Select Mobile Wi-Fi hotspot.
Enabled when a green indicator is present.
- If presented, select OK.
- If presented, enter a name into the Network SSID field.
Steps 5 through 11 are only presented when 3G Mobile Hotspot service is enabled and has not been previously started/configured.
- From the Security field, select the drop down menu.
- Select one of the following:
- WPA2 PSK
- If applicable, enter a password into the Password field.
To view the password as it is being entered, select Show password (enabled when a green indicator is present).
- From the Broadcast Channel field, select the drop down menu.
- Select the preferred Broadcast Channel (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.).
- If applicable, configure the Client (DHCP) start address as desired.
- Select Save.