Remove the SIM Card - Thunderbolt™ by HTC
Instructions on inserting/removing your SIM can help with activation issues/errors, browser connection problems and a blank/frozen screen. Our Troubleshooting Assistant can help you with other device issues if you aren't currently using the tool.
Do not attempt to remove the SIM card while the device is powered on. Doing so may harm the SIM card and/or the device.
- Ensure the phone is powered off.
- Remove the back cover. Securely holding the phone with the display facing away, gently pull the cover open from the gap at the top of the phone.
- Lift out the battery from the notch at the lower end of the of the battery slot.
- Slide out the SIM card holder.
- To remove the SIM card, carefully raise the card from the holder.
If applicable, refer to Insert the SIM Card.
- Align the battery contacts with the contacts inside the battery slot. Insert the contact side of the battery first then gently push the battery into place.
- Replace the back cover.
Ensure the cover is locked in place to prevent signal loss.