Power the Device Up in Safe Mode - DROID CHARGE™ by SAMSUNG
Safe Mode puts your phone in a diagnostic state (returned to default settings) so you can determine if a third-party app is causing your device to freeze/reset/run slow. Our Troubleshooting Assistant can help you with other device issues if you aren't currently using the tool.
- With the device powered off, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until the Samsung logo appears.
- With the Samsung logo on screen, press and hold the Menu button (located on the bottom left).
- Continue to hold the Menu button until Safe Mode appears in the lower left of the unlock screen then release.
This may take up to 1 minute.
- With Safe Mode enabled, test device and app functionality. If the previous issue fails to occur, the cause has been isolated to a third-party app and all recently installed or updated apps should be uninstalled.
- Power cycle device to disable Safe Mode then reinstall and test each app one at a time to identify which app is causing the problem.