Transfer Music Files - DROID CHARGE™ by SAMSUNG
This helps you move or transfer music between your device and a computer/PC. Our Troubleshooting Assistant can help you with other device issues if you aren't currently using the tool.
Only DRM free / unprotected music can be transferred via this method. DRM protected content (e.g. songs downloaded via iTunes, Rhapsody subscription, etc.) will not play on this device.
- Connect the device to a computer using the supplied USB cable.
- Where available, select and hold the status bar (located at the top) then drag to the bottom.
Alternatively, navigate Menu button > Notifications from the home screen.
- Select USB connected.
- Select Connect storage to PC.
- If presented, select OK.
- From File Explorer / Finder on the computer, create a new music folder in Removable Disk (X:).
Removable Disk (X:) represents the SD Card installed in the device. This name may vary.
- Use the computer to copy music and other audio files into the newly created folder.
For any accompanying artwork in JPEG format, rename the art file albumart.jpg and copy into the same folder as the music files.
- To further organize files, create a subfolder in the newly created music folder and copy desired music files into it.
- Once transfer / organization is complete, select Disconnect storage from PC.
If the USB mass storage screen is not visible, press the Home key, press the Menu button, select Notifications then select Turn off USB storage.