Transfer Music Files - Casio® G'zOne Commando™ (C771)
This helps you move or transfer music between your device and a computer/PC. Our Troubleshooting Assistant can help you with other device issues if you aren't currently using the tool.
Only DRM free / unprotected music can be transferred via this method. DRM protected content (e.g. songs downloaded via iTunes (not all iTunes songs are protected), Rhapsody subscription, etc.) will not play on this device.
- Connect the device to a computer using the supplied USB cable.
- From the home screen, select and hold the status bar (located at the top of the display).
- Drag the window shade to the bottom of the display.
- Select USB Connection.
- If presented, select Next.
- Select Mass Storage then select OK.
Selected when a green indicator is present.
- From File Explorer / Finder on the computer, create a new music folder in Removable Disk (X:).
Removable Disk (X:) represents the SD Card installed in the device. This name may vary.
- Use the computer to copy music and other audio files into the newly created folder.
For any accompanying artwork in JPEG format, rename the art file albumart.jpg and copy into the same folder as the music files.
- To further organize files, create a subfolder in the newly created music folder and copy desired music files into it.