Wipe Handheld Option (Hard Reset) - BlackBerry® Bold™ 9930 Smartphone
A hard reset may help with a blank or frozen screen, apps crashing or freezing, keypad/touchscreen problems, can't hear, device making noises, can't make or receive calls, and device won't sync. Our Troubleshooting Assistant can help you with other device issues if you aren't currently using the tool.
Performing this procedure removes all data including downloaded apps, email accounts, media files, and app data. Only perform a security wipe if absolutely necessary. Prior to wiping the handheld, ensure there is a recent backup of the data. Refer to one of the following for assistance:
- Backup Data - BlackBerry Desktop Manager (Windows®)
- Backup Data - BlackBerry Desktop Manager (Macintosh®)
- Back Up Contacts - Backup Assistant
- From the Home screen All tray, select Options.
To expand the tray, press the Menu button then select Open Tray.
- Select Security.
- Select Security Wipe.
- Ensure that the appropriate options are selected, enter blackberry into the 'Enter to confirm wipe' field then select Wipe Data.
Selected when a check mark is present.
- Emails, Contacts, etc.
- All app data is erased.
- User Installed Apps
- All user installed apps are erased.
- Media Card
- All data on the Media Card is erased.