Perform a Factory Data Reset (Device Powered On) - DROID BIONIC by MOTOROLA
A factory data (hard) reset may help with a blank or frozen screen, apps crashing or freezing, keypad/touchscreen problems, can't hear, device making noises, can't make or receive calls, and device won't sync. Our Troubleshooting Assistant can help you with other device issues if you aren't currently using the tool.
Perform a factory data reset only if absolutely necessary as it removes all data including:
- GoogleTM account
- System and app data
- App settings
- Downloaded apps
- Music, pictures and videos (It is recommended to backup this data).
- Personal data (e.g., Wi-Fi passwords, browser bookmarks, etc.) can be backed up to Google's servers .
- An alternate reset method is available if the device is unresponsive or won't power on.
- From a home screen, tap Apps ( located at the bottom).
- From the All Apps tab, tap Settings.
- Tap Privacy.
To determine if an issue is caused by a third-party app, uncheck Automatic Restore.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset phone.
If presented, enter the current passcode or draw the unlock pattern then tap Next.
- Tap Erase everything.
Allow several minutes for the factory data reset and reboot processes to complete.
To setup the device after the reset has completed, refer to Initial Activation and Setup.