Power the Device Up in Safe Mode - Enlighten™ by LG
Safe Mode puts your phone in a diagnostic state (returned to default settings) so you can determine if a third-party app is causing your device to freeze/reset/ run slow. Our Troubleshooting Assistant can help you with other device issues if you aren't currently using the tool.
- With the device powered down, press and hold the Power button (located on the top of the device) until the LG logo appears then release.
- With the LG logo on screen, press and hold the Menu button.
- Continue to hold the Menu button until Safe Mode appears in the lower-left of the unlock screen.
This may take up to 30 seconds.
- With Safe Mode enabled, test device and app functionality. If the previous issue fails to occur, the cause has been isolated to a third-party app and all recently installed or updated apps should be uninstalled.
- Power cycle the device to disable Safe Mode, reinstall then test each app, one at a time, to identify which is causing the problem.