Wi-Fi Syncing with iTunes - Apple® iPhone® 4S
Wi-Fi syncing allows wireless syncing between iPhone and the computer to back up and sync to iTunes.
iTunes version 10.5 or higher must be installed on the computer.
To verify the iTunes software version, refer to iTunes: How to find which version you are using for assistance.
Wi-Fi syncs over an enabled Wi-Fi network. For assistance with verifying that Wi-Fi is enabled on the device, refer to Wi-Fi On / Off - Apple iPhone 4S.
- Press the power button to power iPhone on.
- Connect iPhone to the computer using the supplied USB cable.
When tethered, iTunes opens automatically on the computer.
- In iTunes, select iPhone under Devices in the left column.
For iTunes version 11 or higher, select the iPhone button in the upper-right.
If prompted, download the latest version of iTunes. Refer to Install System Updates - iTunes for additional assistance.
- From (Summary) > Options ensure Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi is checked.
- Select Apply.
- From the home screen, select Settings.
- Select General.
- Select iTunes Wi-Fi Sync.
- Select Sync Now.
- It may take several minutes for the device to begin the sync process.
- Once syncing begins, a revolving arrow appears in the menu bar (located in the top-left corner).
- A Syncing Media status bar appears on the screen.
- Once syncing is complete, the time of the last sync is displayed.
In iTunes, right-click iPhone under Devices in the left column, then click Sync.
From the iTunes menu, click File then click Sync.
From iTunes, click Sync (located in the lower-right).