Wi-Fi Syncing with iTunes - Apple® iPhone® 4S
- Wi-Fi syncing allows wireless syncing between iPhone and the computer to back up and sync to iTunes.
- iTunes version 10.5 or later must be installed on the computer.
- To verify the iTunes software version, refer to iTunes: How to find which version you are using for assistance.
- Wi-Fi syncs over an enabled Wi-Fi network. For assistance with verifying that Wi-Fi is enabled on the device, refer to Wi-Fi On/Off.
- Press the power button to power iPhone on.
- Connect iPhone to the computer using the supplied USB cable.
When tethered, iTunes opens automatically on the computer.
- In iTunes, select iPhone under Devices in the left column.
For iTunes version 11 or higher, select the iPad/iPhone button in the upper-right.
If prompted, download the latest version of iTunes. Refer to Install System Updates - iTunes for additional assistance.
- From (Summary) > Options ensure Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi is checked.
- Tap Apply.
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap iTunes Wi-Fi Sync.
- Tap Sync Now.
- It may take several minutes for the device to begin the sync process.
- Once syncing begins, a revolving arrow appears in the menu bar (located in the top-left corner).
- A Syncing Media status bar appears on the screen.
- Once syncing is complete, the time of the last sync is displayed.
In iTunes, right-click iPhone under Devices in the left column then click Sync.
From the iTunes menu, click File then click Sync.
Method 3 (iTunes software version 11 or higher)
From iTunes, click Sync (located in the lower-right).