Power the Device Up in Safe Mode - Spectrum™ by LG
Safe Mode puts your phone in a diagnostic state (returned to default settings) so you can determine if a third-party app is causing your device to freeze/reset / run slow. Our Troubleshooting Assistant can help you with other device issues if you aren't currently using the tool.
- Press the Power button (upper-right corner) to turn the device on.
- Once the 4G LTE logo screen appears on the top of the screen (approximately 10 seconds), press and hold the Menu icon (lower-left corner).
- Release the Menu icon when Safe Mode is displayed at the lower-left corner.
This may take up to 30 seconds.
- With Safe Mode enabled, test device and app functionality. If the previous issue fails to occur, the cause has been isolated to a third-party app and all recently installed or updated apps should be uninstalled.
- Power cycle device to disable Safe Mode, reinstall then test each app, one at a time, to identify which app is causing the problem.