Transfer Music Files - DROID RAZR / RAZR MAXX by MOTOROLA
This helps you move or transfer music between your device and a computer/PC or memory card. Our Troubleshooting Assistant can help you with other device issues if you aren't currently using the tool.
Only DRM free / unprotected music can be transferred via this method. DRM protected content (e.g. songs downloaded via iTunes, Rhapsody subscription, etc.) will not play on this device.
If using a Macintosh computer, additional software is required in order to transfer files.
- Connect the device to a computer using the supplied USB cable.
- If necessary, select the status bar (located at the top) then swipe it down.
- Select Connected as a camera / mass storage.
- Select Media device (MTP).
Selected when a check mark is present.
- Launch Windows Explorer.
Using the computer keyboard, press Windows+E ( +E) keys.
Alternatively, right-click Start then click Open Windows Explorer.
- Using Windows Explorer, navigate: DROID RAZR > Internal Storage > Music.
If an SD card is present, music files can be transfered to that location by navigating: DROID RAZR > SD card.
- Use the computer to copy music and other audio files into the folder.
For any accompanying artwork in JPEG format, rename the art file albumart.jpg and copy into the same folder as the music files.
- To further organize files, create a sub-folder in the newly created music folder and copy desired music files into it.
- From a home screen, select Apps ( located at the bottom).
- From the Apps tab, select Files.
- Select Device storage.
- Select Music.
- Select Menu ( located at the bottom).
- Select Select items.
- Select the desired image(s) / video(s).
Selected when highlighted.
- Select Copy or Move (located at the bottom).
- Select the copied / selected item dropdown menu ( located at the top).
- Select SD card.
- Select the preferred folder then select Paste (located at the top).
To create a folder:
- Select Menu ( located in the lower right).
- Select Create new folder.
- Enter the desired folder name then select OK.