Restart the Device in Safe Mode - DROID RAZR / RAZR MAXX by MOTOROLA
Safe Mode puts your phone in a diagnostic state (returned to default settings) so you can determine if a third party app is causing your device to freeze/reset/run slow. Our Troubleshooting Assistant can help you with other device issues if you aren't currently using the tool.
An alternate method is available if the device is unresponsive or won't power on.
- With the device powered on, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge, above the volume buttons) until options menu appears then release.
- Tap and hold Power off until the 'Reboot to safe mode' screen appears.
- From the Reboot to safe mode screen, tap OK.
Allow up to 1 minute for the device to reboot.
- With Safe Mode enabled, test device and app functionality. If the previous issue fails to occur, the cause has been isolated to a third-party app and all recently installed or updated apps should be uninstalled.
- Power cycle the device to disable Safe Mode then reinstall and test each app one at a time to identify which app is causing the problem.