Restart the Device in Safe Mode - Galaxy Nexus by Samsung
Safe Mode puts your phone in a diagnostic state (returned to default settings) so you can determine if a third-party app is causing your device to freeze/reset/run slow. Our Troubleshooting Assistant can help you with other device issues if you aren't currently using the tool.
An alternate method is available if the device is unresponsive or won't power on.
- With the device powered on, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until the options menu appears then release.
- Tap and hold Power off until the 'Reboot to safe mode' prompt appears (approximately 1 second) then release.
- From the 'Reboot to safe mode' prompt, tap OK to confirm.
Allow several minutes for the device to power off and restart into Safe mode.
Upon restart, Safe mode appears in the lower-left of the unlock/home screen.
- With Safe Mode enabled, test device and app functionality. If the previous issue fails to occur, the cause has been isolated to a third-party app and all recently installed or updated apps should be uninstalled.
- Power cycle device to disable Safe Mode then reinstall and test each app one at a time to identify which app is causing the problem.