Transfer Music Files - Galaxy Nexus by Samsung
This helps you move or transfer music between your device and a computer/PC. Our Troubleshooting Assistant can help you with other device issues if you aren't currently using the tool.
Only DRM free / unprotected music can be transferred via this method. DRM protected content (e.g. songs downloaded via iTunes, Rhapsody subscription, etc.) will not play on this device.
If using a Macintosh computer, additional software is required in order to transfer files.
- Connect the device to a computer using the supplied USB cable.
- If necessary, select and hold the status bar (located at the top) then drag to the bottom.
- Select Connected as a camera.
- Select Media device (MTP).
Selected when a check mark is present.
- Launch Windows Explorer.
Using the computer keyboard, press Windows+E ( +E) keys.
Alternatively, right-click Start then click Explore.
- Using Windows Explorer, navigate: Galaxy Nexus > Internal Storage > Music.
- Use the computer to copy music and other audio files into the folder.
For any accompanying artwork in JPEG format, rename the art file albumart.jpg and copy into the same folder as the music files.
- To further organize files, create a subfolder in the newly created music folder and copy desired music files into it.