Transfer Files - Macintosh - Android™ File Transfer
This shows how to transfer/move/upload music, pictures and videos between your Android device and a Mac. Our Troubleshooting Assistant can help you with other device issues if you aren't currently using the tool.
- Android File Transfer is an app for Macintosh computers (running Mac OS X 10.5 or later) used to view and transfer files between a Macintosh and an Android device (running Android 3.0 or later).
- For assistance downloading and installing the Android File Transfer app, refer to Android Support Article: Android File Transfer.
- For additional information on the Android File Transfer app, refer to to Google Mobile Support Article: Connecting to a Macintosh computer via USB.
- From the Macintosh desktop navigate Finder > Applications > Android File Transfer.
If using Android File Transfer for the first time, double-click it to open it. After starting Android File Transfer once, it opens automatically whenever the device is connected to the computer.
- Connect the device to the computer with the USB cable.
- If prompted, select Get Started.
- The Android File Transfer window opens, displaying the contents of the device.
Transfer Files from an Android Device to a Macintosh
Create New Folder on the Android Device
Delete Files or Folders from the Android Device
- One or more files can be dragged from the computer to a folder within the Android File Transfer window.
File sizes can be up to 4GB.
- One or more files can be dragged from the Android File Transfer window to the computer.
- From the Android File Transfer window, click the New Folder icon.
Located in the top-right corner of the window.
- Enter the desired name for the folder then press Enter.
- Select one or more files or folders from the Android File Transfer window.
- From the top menu, navigate File > Delete.
- Select Delete to confirm.
Last Modified: March 12, 2014