Hard Reset - DROID Incredible 4G LTE by HTC
A hard reset may help with a blank or frozen screen, apps crashing or freezing, keypad/touchscreen problems, can't hear, device making noises, can't make or receive calls, and device won't sync. Our Troubleshooting Assistant can help you with other device issues if you aren't currently using the tool.
- Performing a hard reset removes all data including the Google account, system data, app data, app settings, and downloaded apps. Only perform a hard reset if absolutely necessary.
- Pictures, videos and music are also removed. It's recommended to backup this data.
- Personal data such as Wi-Fi passwords, browser bookmarks, user dictionary, a list of installed Market apps and other customized settings can be backed up to and restored from Google's servers.
- Automatic Restore prior to performing a hard (factory) reset when attempting to determine whether a third-party app is causing an OS or app issue.
- If the Preferred Method isn't available, use the Alternate Method.
- From a home screen, select Applications.
- Select Settings.
If the app icon is missing, select All (located in the lower left).
- Select Storage.
- Select Factory data reset.
- To reset the device, select Reset phone.
To clear all user data ensure the preferred options are selected.
Selected when a check mark is present.
- Erase all data (Removes user data from the phone storage)
- Erase storage card (Erases user data on the SD card)
- Select Erase Everything.
- Press and hold down the Power button.
- Select Restart.
- Select Restart.
- Press and hold Volume down then press and hold the Power button.
When the HBOOT screen appears, release the keys.
- Press Volume down to select Factory reset then press the Power button.
This boot process takes several moments, reference the progress bar located in the upper right. If the device hangs or freezes, remove and replace the battery.