Restart the Device in Safe Mode - DROID RAZR M by MOTOROLA
Safe Mode puts your phone in a diagnostic state (returned to default settings) so you can determine if a third-party app is causing your device to freeze/reset/run slow. Our Troubleshooting Assistant can help you with other device issues if you aren't currently using the tool
An alternate method is available if the device is unresponsive or won't power on.
- Press and hold the Power button until the options menu appears then release.
- Select and hold Power off until the 'Reboot to safe mode' prompt appears (approximately 1 second) then release.
- From the 'Reboot to safe mode' prompt, tap OK to confirm.
Allow several minutes for the device to power off and restart into Safe Mode.
Upon reboot, 'Safe Mode' appears in the lower-left of the unlock screen.
- With Safe Mode enabled, test device and app functionality. If the previous issue fails to occur, the cause has been isolated to a third-party app and all recently installed or updated apps should be uninstalled.
- Power cycle the device to disable Safe Mode, reinstall then test each app, one at a time, to identify which is causing the problem.