Safe Mode - Samsung Galaxy Stellar™
Safe Mode puts your phone in a diagnostic state (returned to default settings) so you can determine if a third-party app is causing your device to freeze/reset/run slow. Our Troubleshooting Assistant can help you with other device issues if you aren't currently using the tool.
- Safe Mode temporarily disables all apps that have been installed via Google Play. Performing this troubleshooting step is necessary to determine whether a third-party app is the cause of an operating system / app issue. Safe Mode should always be performed prior to a hard reset.
- With Safe Mode enabled, test device and app functionality. If the previous issue fails to occur, the cause has been isolated to a third-party app and all recently installed/updated apps should be uninstalled. With Safe Mode disabled, reinstall then test each app, one at a time, to identify which is causing the problem.
- Make sure the device is turned off.
- Press and hold the Power button to power on the device.
- Once SAMSUNG displays, quickly press and hold the Volume Down button until the Lock screen displays.
Safe Mode displays in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- To boot the device into normal mode again, turn the device off and then power it back on normally.